Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Monday 5 November 2012

Dolce & Gabbana Miss Sicily Crocheted Handbag

It seems Facebook really wants me to look at this bag, and I have to say it turned out that I really wanted to too!

The advert just keeps on  re-appearing on the right hand side of my screen, and finally today, I have given in... I was attracted to the crotchet squares in the icon anyway, due to a childhood spend around talented family members, who seemed to be able to turn wool squares into just about anything!

My Mum's the major culprit for the crotchet ones though, every family member has a blanket made of them, I also have cushion covers, human and dog blankets, Aaron's baby blanket, hot water bottle covers, and when Mum's had time to finish it, a jacket!  

I also found a picture of an amazing dress from the 1970's, which we're in "talks" about at present!

Anyhoo, the point of the post was this beautiful bag....


Dolce & GabbanaMiss Sicily Crocheted Handbag, Multicolor
Taking the look and feel of a 1970s afghan, this crocheted rendition of the Dolce & Gabbana Miss Sicily handbag will provide a homespun comfort as it adorns both dressy and casual ensembles.
Multicolor, multi-patterned crocheted yarn; golden hardware.
Tubular leather top handle; 4" drop; removable, adjustable crossbody strap.
Flap top with magnetic snap closure; two-tone Dolce & Gabbana plaque detail.
Tubular top; folded sides.
Inside, zip and open pockets.
10"H x 14"W x 7"D.
Made in Italy.


About Dolce & Gabbana:
Designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana are the duo behind Dolce & Gabbana, which they founded in 1982. They've been pushing the boundaries of fashion to great success ever since.

This Italian label showcases sophisticated tailoring in anything-but-conservative looks, making Dolce & Gabbana a favorite of celebrities.

Ok so I've got the blurb out the way...now for the really scary part... But before I tell you, I think I should mention it's now on sale... at this point I'd most likely add a "woot" but, well this is why I won't:

Dolce & Gabbana
Miss Sicily Crocheted Handbag, Multicolor
Original:
GBP 1,908.04

NOW:
GBP 858.12

 (Order Code :OC113_V0WL5)

Available to buy here:
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Dolce-Gabbana-Miss-Sicily-Crocheted-Handbag-Multicolor/prod139610086/


The thing is, sadly I haven't got that kind of money to spend on a handbag (I doubt very much I'd buy a single handbag with it if I did!), but  what I do have is a very talented Mum who's a dab hand at crotchet and I've been thinking how easy it would be to make something very similar, so I think, very soon that will be my next project; after I've got through all the hundreds of other products I have planned that is!




No comments: