Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Wednesday 12 September 2018

18 inch Ozzy Osbourne Bark Moon Limited Edition Doll by Fun 4 All Collectables and Art Asylum (1999)

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time you may already be aware of a post I made back in December 2012, when I discovered the Ozzy Osbourne Bark at The Moon Doll.


Reading back over that post, I guess it's not readily apparent that at the time I didn't actually own the doll, although I really wanted it, I just couldn't afford it at that time. If you'd like to reread that post you can find it here: ♪ Ozzy Osbourne Bark Moon Limited Edition Doll ♫. All that changed in May, this year, when I finally managed to track down and purchase one for myself.


I have to say he was definitely worth the wait, he is every bit as awesome as I thought he was when looking at the images I found online and posting about my discovery 6 years ago!

 I know it sounds stupid considering the doll itself is 18 inches tall but I was honestly quite surprised by the size of the box he arrived in.


He came to me sealed so I had the pleasure of being the first person since the factory to hold him... I discovered he is oddly very cuddly for a heavy mostly plastic werewolf with big spiky claws and pointy teeth!

His legs are moulded in a semi crouch position from hard plastic which gives him a sturdiness which allows him to stand without toppling over.

His body is soft, moves at the waist and his arms are fur coated plastic which move very easily up and down for posing. Although his head doesn't move at all.


The inner of the box slides out to allow access to the figure which is secured to a plastic insert and a background printed with images of Ozzy Osbourne from various stages of his career.

This is made of good quality sturdy cardboard and once the doll is removed from the moulded plastic casing, he can be placed standing on top of the base which the "Ozzy" images behind him.

To further secure the figure when out of his box he comes with two moulded plastic foot stands which his feet can be placed into.


 He also comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, which his housed inside a white envelope behind the Ozzy patterned backdrop inside the box.


I really like the attention to detail on his certificate, which also makes it difficult to copy if a company did decide to do a knock off version that is. 

It has images of a weird little angel thing which corresponds to the images on the outside of his box and the number out of 50,000 which this doll is.


Unfortunately as he had been sitting in his box for a number of years with the batteries inside his body, they have like most old batteries left inside a toy, leaked making his voice box unusable at the present time.

I will be cleaning up his battery pack and repairing and damage if necessary, so I can test if it does still work, but sadly like most things on my to do list it has to wait for now... Not that I really mind, if I want to hear the song, I can always get out my vinyls and whack it on the record player or play the cd so no big whoop.

I definitely recommend this figure to anyone who loves Ozzy and has a large spot on a shelf which could benefit from having a cool arse doll sitting on it!

Hugs,








Follow

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I got this when 1st came out.. My doll is # 343

Shaun C said...

I received one in 2000. It is #02717. Unfortunately, it sat on my display, and I Totally forgot about how batteries corrode. It still plays, but the volume is Very low. I found this blog by Googling how to repair the figure lol

Herbie Hopkins said...

Hi Unknown, So you got your hands on on the first ones made then... very cool!

Herbie Hopkins said...

Hey Shaun,
If it still plays I'd just try and scrape as much of the corrosion off as I could using my dentistry tools.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, H