Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Sunday 5 May 2019

🐱 Crazy Cat lady Action Figure by Archie McPhee 🐱

It must have been around a decade ago when I first spotted the Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure by Archie McPhee, I was trawling and drawling around stupid.com (that probably doesn't exist anymore), which was my one of my favourite websites at the time, they had all manner of wonderful goodies, from bacon air fresheners to Shakespeare the Action Figure, it was all insane, pointless and completely down my alley!


She reminded me of me so much that I just had to have her, the problem was with Shipping costs and Customs Tax she worked out so expensive, it just wasn't worth it.

Years later, when I'd forgotten she existed, I found her for sale from a U.K seller, so of course I bought her, and I've had her ever since...


At the time, I had a pink dressing gown, so we had that in common, I also have 6 cats, and although her box states she comes with 6 cats, she also has one around her neck and one in her pocket - as Aaron has 2 cats of his own, this worked out too!


I really like the attention to detail in terms of display, the individual cats are displayed against a cardboard cutout of a cat tree, with a separate shelf for each of them.


Her box is shaped like a house and is covered with images of cats, sneaking in and out of various items found around the home.


The "roof" of her box / house has a cute little ginger cat on top of it. It looks a lot my my little Ziggy and Mum's  Milo, (although, the one of the box clearly has a tail)!


There's a cute little kitten poking out of the broken panels at the bottom of her house...


On the left side of the box, there's a little mouse running up the drainpipe, while a cat that looks like 2 of my triplets (Zelda & Moogle) is at the bottom, totally oblivious.

Another thing of note, on the box is the silver holograph sticker, which I assume is on every action figure made by Archie McPhee, I could easily be wrong, but my Bigfoot also has one so this is why I came to this conclusion.


One very useful aspect of the box is a very helpful quiz, which will help you to discover if you also happen to be a Cat Lady, yourself!

Apart from the figure, and her 6 cats there is a cool background of her front room, complete with even more cats and a lovely portrait of her and her furry family, which takes pride of place in the centre of the wall.


It's a great addition to the set and she and her furry companions look great when photographed against it.

I may have to give these little friends of hers a touch-up, especially that ginger one, it looks like it's lost it's mind, poor sod!








Follow

No comments: