Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Saturday 3 August 2019

🍎 Black Phillip - The VVitch - Funko Pop! Movies #612 🐐





















I'm not a massive fan of Funko pop Figures, aside from the The Grady Twins (Rock Candy) Funkos, which I wrote about in an earlier post... I have six other Funkos: Slimer, Cthulu, Michionne's Pet Zombies, Krampus and Black Phillip.



It's a weird one, I wasn't overly enamoured with the film at first but it's a slow burner that grows on you, and it has a goat as a star, I've kept goats as pets and for milk and I totally adore their silly natures and gorgeous eyes. They are also very loyal and make awesome friends if they bond with you.

I never had a goat that looks like Black Phillip unfortunately, my boy goat, Snowy was neutered, half angora with very soft curly white fur, but I did meet one who looked identical to him who lived in the garden of a pub, he was very smelly as un-neutered male goats tend to be and apparently he was pretty wild and scary not to me though he was happy to come over and be petted by me!

Anyway, back to the Funko Pop... Black Phillip was a "havetohave" I couldn't resist him as soon as I saw him, what can I say? I love goats and he has the cutest little face and even comes with his own little apple, which is cute in it's own right.
Amazon.

                                           "Wouldst thou like to play deliciously?"

He's pretty top heavy so needs support to stand up outside his box, but a little bit of blue tack works wonders on that score, so it's not really an issue.

Google.com

He's very cutesie looking facially which I absolutely adore but I would have liked his eyes to have a more realistic look to them, yeah I know Funkos aren't known for their realism but a girl can dream huh?!

Google.com

One of the things I really loved about our goats was their beautiful eyes, the shapes inside the iris and the elongated pupil gives them a character all of their own.

Anyway, in lieu of him having proper goat eyes, I decided I'd paint them in myself, and while I'm at it I'll give him a general "tidy up" and hopefully bring more "depth" into his fur while I'm at it.


One thing I really love about this figure is the attention to detail; if you look at his horns, the blood isn't just in the areas you'd immediately notice. Also his horns have a realistic texture with all the grooves and bumps you would find on a real horned Bovidae.


I would have liked him to have come with a stand of some sort though as out of my other Funkos, he is the only one who cannot stand up by himself and falls flat on his face if I try to make him... Not exactly a "Devilish" way to behave!


Another thing to come from getting this adorable little guy is that I decided I should re-watch the film, and this time I discovered I really like it? Go figure... So much so that it's now up there amongst my favourite films!!

I guess I was having a weird one the first time I watched it!

Well, that's about it for now, so take care all...








    Follow

No comments: