Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Friday 13 October 2023

Ghostbusters Hot Dog Munching Slimer - Funko Pop! Movies Number 747

1000logos.net























As I mentioned in my last post, Slimer was my favourite character from the original Ghostbusters film, still is if truth be told. His introduction in the film was cute, funny, gross and weird... 

Whereas the Librarian ghost looks normal and then gets scary when tying to get visitors to be quiet, here was a creature that didn't look remotely human, or act in a normal way, bright green mind you, like a giant wrinkly bogey and stuffing it's face with hotdogs it's stealing from a cart in a hotel hallway.

That image of Slimer always stuck with me and I'd draw it often.

Of course, I had Buckley's of getting a toy version back in the 1980's and 1990's and to be honest, I never thought there would ever be one...

Until after I'd bought my first Funko Pop! Movies Slimer, blimey almost 10 years ago now, being happy with him and not really being a Funko person, I never thought of keeping an eye on their range. So it came as a complete surprise when I was nosing around Amazon a couple of years back, for Metal themed figures and I happened to find this...



My dream Slimer!!

Of course I bought him straight away, and now I am the proud owner of two Slimers!





In terms of differences between the two, they are the same size (around 4 and a half inches) They weigh around the same in your hand, but there may be a slight weight difference.

But I was pleasantly surprised to discover, they didn't just use the same mould and stuff a few hotdogs in his mouth, they really put some thought into it. 

The Hotdog version isn't as wide as the original version as he is in the process of filling his face so his hands are busy around his face ad not in the outstretched about to slime pose of the first figure.




The slime bases are different too, the hotdog version has thicker strands of slime, more of them and the overall shape is narrower than the original version.

 His facial expression is different too, he clearly needs to concentrate on munching and so his brow is more expressive in the newer version, he is a shade or two darker too.

Out of the two, I don't have a favourite, I love them both for different reasons and I'm really pleased to not only finally have a Slimer, but now have two Slimers depicting my favourite scenes from Ghostbusters, which I must admit is also still one of my favourite films.

Well, take care all,
Speak soon,
Herbs x



No comments: