Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Tuesday 29 April 2014

✿。•*¨*•。 Dorothy Gale, Toto and Retro Lil' •*¨*•。✿

Here's a couple  Barbie dolls from my collection... Dorothy Gale, with her little friend Toto and Retro Lil', my "repro' Barbie".


Barbie as Dorothy Gale was released in 1999 as part of Mattel's Wizard of Oz Collection..


She  comes in a faithfully rendered outfit, albeit a little shiny, a little basket in which she carries her little dog Tot, who appears to be panting and a pair of "ruby slippers" which light up.

She also says “There’s no place like home!” and “Toto, I have a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.”


Retro Lil' is a 35th Anniversary Barbie, I wrote a post about these Barbies back in 2015, if you want, you read this post (35th Anniversary Barbie) for more information on them.


To my mind the older model Barbies are much prettier  than their modern day counterparts, except for some of the new Fashionistas, but in terms of comparison between the 1950's and 1960's Barbies, and the 1980's and 1990's Barbies and also the early 2000's.

 I'd probably have grown up playing a lot nicer with my Barbie dolls if they had stayed looking like Retro Lil'...

No comments: