Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Wednesday 14 October 2015

🦉 Twin Peaks Board Game by Paul Lamond Games Ltd - 1991 🦉

local-pittsburgh.com

I was a huge fan of Twin Peaks, back in 1990 when season one was released on UK television, I eagerly awaited each new episode, I love the surrealism of David Lynch's work and have most of his films.

But Twin Peaks was something else, so absorbing and intriguing; I couldn't wait for season two, and when I discovered that a film: "Fire Walk With Me" was coming out in the cinema, well I got excited for that too!

I was so pleased to add that dvd to my complete seasons one and two box-sets as well and expanding my Lynch collection.


When Christmas 1993 came around and visiting my parents over the holiday, I received a very pleasant surprise from my Mum...  

A brand new Twin Peaks Board Game!

It surprised me on two counts... I had no idea my Mum knew I liked Twin Peaks or that a board game had been made of it!


At first glance the game seems quite complicated as the board has a straightforward roll a standard die and move design around the outside and across the middle to collect doughnut tokens...

This is also the part of the board where you earn one of 50 Suspect cards... you need 4 of these showing the same suspect.

The board also has an inner roll and move section which is played using a Black Jack die and is differentiated by it being marked out in card suit symbols.


This inner section is "The Inside Track" section, marked in card suits.

If the symbol on the Poker die matches the one on the square you are on, you earn a diamond shaped token which when all of them have been collected form a pentagram with extra clues on which help you solve the case.


The very centre of the board has a "spinner" - This is The Dream Sequence part of the game which you will need to use in order to receive a clue in the form of a backwards sentence...

Once you unravel this clue (you must do so before the other players count to 10) you will then receive another clue which will send you to another part of the board, where you will have to find something to help you gather evidence.



You play as one of  the six main characters from the first Series and attempt to solve the clues so you can discover the identity of who BOB is currently possessing and using as a tool to commit his crimes. 


The F.B.I Agent's Handbook By Special Agent Dale Cooper, contains a wealth of information regarding each character and the rules they follow when playing the game, information on The Spirit-world Talisman, a map of the town of Twin Peaks and information Dale Cooper and Sheriff Harry Truman collected during their investigation, plus some information on The White Lodge and The Black Lodge.

To win the game, you need to hold 4 Suspect cards, 13 Doughnuts and a full Talisman showing BOB in the centre. 


I love this map, I think I might have to get it printed and framed!

Remember ... 

"The Owls are not what they seem"

Hugs,


No comments: