Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Saturday 3 March 2018

๐Ÿ‘ฃ The Bigfoot Board Game By Waddingtons - 1987 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

https://www.coasttocoastam.com

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this, but as I'm sure by now you all know how much of a geek I am, so I guess it will come as no surprise to learn that I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the legendary creature known in some parts of the World as Bigfoot.

http://mauiwatch.com/2017/04/looking-back-harry-hendersons-1987/

Ever since I was a small child, I've loved the thought of this big beasties living as part of our World, but apart from the Human Race, I read all the books I could on the subject, watched as many documentaries as I could and so when Harry and The Henderson's came out in 1987, I was well up for watching that too!

To be honest with you I can't remember much about that T.V. Show, but I do remember "Harry" and how innocent he was, the expressions on his face which conveyed so much emotionally and how I so wanted to find my own Bigfoot to love!!

In later years, I of course realised this would never happen, not least because of geography but also the elusive nature of these beasties, which adds so much to their lure.


Still I did manage to get myself a posable Bigfoot Action Figure and yay, also a board game, which comes with an adorable mini Bigfoot who lives on top of a mountain!

www.ebay.co.uk

As my game is currently in storage and the only photo of the board I could find on my laptop was far too fuzzy to show much detail, I had to use one of the board which I found on Ebay.uk, which is a much better photo as it not only shows the Explorers and Bigfoot better but it also shows how cool the artwork is on the box and how it not only is useful for storing the game but also becomes part of the game itself when the board is taken out and placed on top of the bottom section.

The game box itself is decorated around the edges with images of mountain scenes, the board itself can be taken out of the box to play but I think it's better played inside the box, that way, you'll never lose any of the parts, as those boulders have a tendency to roll off into hard to reach places!

Google Images
 You play as one of 4 coloured teams of 3 very happy looking Explorers, who are following Bigfoot's trail, marked by footprints around the board and eventually up the side of the mountain in order to find Bigfoot.

boardgamegeek.com/image/582255/bigfoot-game

This is obviously making Bigfoot very angry so at the same time that the Explorers are tracking him, Bigfoot is trying to keep them away by hurling (Subbuteo style kicking) boulders at you as you travel in an attempt to either scare you off his scent or make your Explorers fall off the side of the mountain as they climb closer towards him.

Bigfoot rotates throughout the game as he throws his boulders, so it isn't possible to stay behind him and try to hide from the falling boulders as they come tumbling downwards.

To win you must get each of your 3 Explorers to the top of the mountain, .



Follow

No comments: