HTML/JavaScript

Monday, 5 November 2012

Unknown Vintage 3 faced dolls


I have 2 different versions of  3 face dolls, which I suspect must have been kind of popular in the early 1960's, as mine are definitely not the only type of 3 face doll made back then, I have seen 2 other examples, but they do seem to be quite rare nonetheless, and no one seems to know very much about them at all, so I'd appreciate any info anyone has... Anyhoo, here's my two!


Vintage 3 faced standing Doll.

Here's what I know about her...

She has 3 faces which you bring to the front by turning the little hair patterned topknot on her head.

Her outfit looks to be original or at least made for her as it has a split on top to allow her topknot to poke through.

She stands around 8 inches tall and due to the restrictive nature of her outfit, she cannot sit down!

Other than that I'm clueless lol so would love some info if anyone has any?



Vintage 3 faced Native / Eskimo? Sitting Baby Toy.

Made in Hong Kong circa. 1960.

She's made of rubber &  plastic.

She's 4.5" tall.

The black pompom on top of her head changes her facial expression when you twist it!

     







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have this very same doll and have also had problems trying to find info on it. Please let me know if you happen to find any thing out on her. Thank you, Lisa Stanbridge