Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Sunday 14 April 2019

👻 Fred & Shaggy - Barbie,Kelly & Friends Scooby-Doo Collection 👻


google
In 1969 Hanna-Barbera created the an animated series featuring a scaredy dog called Scooby-Doo, and his mystery solving human friends, Shaggy, Fred, Velma and Daphne. 

They called it Scooby-Doo Where Are You? And it originally ran from 1969 to 1976.

Between reruns, new shows/series and movies in the years since Scooby in some guise or another has never been off air. 

google.
The characters, mysteries and wacky style has been and still is beloved by children and nostalgic adults alike.

New films, reruns of original shows and merchandise are still as popular as it always was, that's pretty impressive for a group of cartoon characters that are now 50 years old, especially as in terms of the story format not much has changed.


One very cool piece of merchandise was Mattel's Scooby-Doo Collection that was began in 2002 with the release of Barbie, Ken and Skipper dolls as Daphne, Shaggy, Fred and Velma respectively, to coincide with the live action Scooby-Doo that came out the same year.

giorgiaclub

In 2003 Mattel released their Barbie® Kelly and Friends Scooby-Doo Collection, existentially a cuter, miniature version of the Barbie and Ken collection, with Kelly and Tommy taking the place of their larger counterparts.

Personally, I love both collections, with Shaggy and Velma being my favourites in the Barbie and Ken range. In the Kelly and Tommy versions, I have no preference...


So when I saw a listing for Tommy as both Shaggy and Fred, I bid on them with the idea that I would be able to get Kelly as Daphne and Velma to complete the set soon enough, as at the time there were loads of these dolls available for sale.


They are so cute, to be honest, I'm not a fan of Fred, I've always found him a bit weird. But as a doll, especially a Tommy doll he is adorable, as is Shaggy. 

They both have perfect replicas of the outfits the characters wear in the cartoons and films, and I felt, would be a welcome addition to my doll collection.

I was lucky enough to win Fred and Shaggy, and started my quest for the two Kelly dolls to complete the gang.



 Unfortunately, they suddenly became really popular and really hard to find, when they do show up, they are crazy expensive, or loose and crazy expensive!

Of course as Fred and Shaggy are boxed, I want to find Daphne and Velma boxed... 

Sadly, it's been almost 6 years since I bought them, and still my quest continues, at this point it is looking less likely I'll ever get to complete the set, but well 2 out of 4 isn't bad, I guess!


Follow

No comments: