Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Saturday 13 April 2019

.•:*¨¨*:•. Club Chic Pippa .and Crystal Anthropomorphic Dolls •:*¨¨*:•.

Amazon.co.uk

Back in 2014, MGA Entertainment released a series of anthropomorphic dolls, called Club Chic. The gimmick was they all attended a school called Bear Valley Hills, and each one dressed in her own style which was designed to appeal to the fashion trends of the time, there was a "Chic" one, A "Geek" one, a "Goth" one, a "Pop" one and a "Hip Hop" one...

 Sounds horribly similar to those gawd awful Spice Girls, doesn't it?

Unlike the Spice Girls, these dolls were actually pleasant to look at and had thier own individual "talents"!

Pippa, who you can see on the far right was the Blogger of the group, with beautiful long magenta hair and oversized "geekish" glasses... she came with a cute little owl faced bag, which is too big for her and so doubles up as a mini bag or purse for her human owner.

Next to her is Candy, dressed in a "Pop" inspired outfit with streaked pink and yellow hair, she is an International Supermodel apparently.

Then comes, Lil' B the Hip Hop dancer, wearing street clothes, headphones and comes with a little bag in the shape of a retro Boombox.

Violet is a Gothy artist who has a blue streak in her otherwise black hair and comes with a cute little spider's web bag.

And finally, Crystal the Film Starlet, who comes dressed in a silver gown ready for her red carpet debut.

In terms of posability there isn't really much as they only turn at the head, shoulders and hips, plus they have their left arms moulded into a "hand on hip" type pose while their right hands are formed into what I like to refer to as a grabby hand.

I did however, really like thier faces and thought I might be able to turn one or more of them into a cute little anthropomorphic custom, so when I saw one come up on Ebay a few years after their release, I snapped her up, and so purchased my first  Club Chic Pippa!


Once I received her, I changed my mind about customising her, she is just too cute and has little pads on her hands and the bottom of her feet, she also has a cute little pot bellied shape to her body and her face transfers and little freckles are adorable too, so of course, I couldn't bring myself to do it to her!

Her head is made of really hard plastic and as it turned out not easy to remove... I unfortunately marked her head hole trying so I decided the best thing to do would be to buy another so I can keep one as is and customise the other, so that's what I did.

Only, things changed again, because the more I kept looking at Crystal, I kept wondering if it would be possible to alter her face somewhat to make her look more like one of my dream dolls - Peteena Fashion Poodle by Hasbro.

Peteena  - worthpoint.com
 I decided to keep an eye out for another Pippa as well as a Crystal, I wanted to get them second hand as I don't need the accessories or clothing, just the heads, for that reason, condition wasn't so much of an issue either.

So I was really happy to find both for sale in one lot at a really good price, so I snapped them up.

Here's a photo' of Crystal, from her Ebay listing prior to me getting my hands on her, decapitating her and striping her face...


One thing I noticed was that her right arm was bent, not her left so I reasoned I could possibly swap her left one with Pippa's bent left arm, which means I'll be able to keep her body but not have to deal with the pre-posed arms that these dolls come with, and as both have the same size bodies, I'll have two outfits for my new doll while I get around to making her something more fitting to her new look.

Of course having a much bigger head than Peteena, she is not going to be a perfect replica, but you know me, I love big headed dolls...

Now I've just got to find some time to make my vision a reality, wish me luck!


No comments: