Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Saturday 29 September 2018

Pestilence - The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse - Living Dead Dolls


A couple of years back I wrote a post about my The Four Horseman of The Apocalypse War Living Dead Doll, if you want, you can read the post here.

I wanted Pestilence as well but didn't manage to get hold of him until today... 

I'm now thinking I'd like to get Famine to go with them both, I like Death but don't really need him to complete the set as I have The Kiss of Death who although he isn't part of the series and doesn't come with the cute little 'obby 'oss accessory, does come in a very cute Kissing Booth box and reminds me so much of Terry Pratchett's Death from his Discworld series of books, that to me he's so perfect, no other Death could be better.


I've just read that sentence back and it sounds so morbid, but for you, the initiated, I'm sure you understand what I mean!

Anyway, here's my new little guy..


 Once thing that drew me to him is his little "Plague Doctor" mask, I have a fascination for Plague Doctors, it's a crazy idea but in those days understanding of medicine and deceases was no way near as advanced as it is nowadays, so the belief that a long nosed mask with a posy of nice smelling flowers in the end of the nose would somehow protect a person from The Plague, wasn't as daft sounding as it is to our modern ears.

wikipedia.org

If you'd like to read about Plague Doctors, you can find a interesting article on their history, costume and practices here..


The Living Dead Doll version wears a long floor length coat and big boots to protect him from air borne deceases, a cute little tricorn hat and an unfortunately flimsy white plague mask ... handle this with kid gloves..


Being a "Horseman" he has his little horse in the form of a traditional British "'Obby 'Oss" which like him has apparently caught The Plague or some other nasty and is covered in lesions from the deceases he's been contaminated with.



It seems, from the close up of this poor little guy's face, that he has caught a big nasty.. he's breaking out in buboes and pustules and looking decidedly peeky, which of course make me love him!!

Hugs,
                                     




No comments: