Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Wednesday 26 September 2018

Butcher Boop - Living Dead Dolls: Series 32

A while back I saw some promo' photos of possible new releases of Living Dead Dolls on Parry Game Reserve, taken at the New York Toy Fair in 2008.

http://www.parrygamepreserve.com/archives/?m=2&y=2008
Being the horror film buff I am and having a thing for crazy cannibal families I couldn't help get excited for the release of this awesome Leatherface in his "Pretty Woman" mask, based on the "Dinner Scene" from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre film from 1974.
,
giphy.com

I thought he'd look so awesome next to The LDD Exclusives version of Leatherface Aaron bought me a few years ago...

http://tenaflyviper.tumblr.com

Just look at this little guy, isn't he adorable?

Pintrest.com
He even has a bloody cut on his leg from the end of the 1974 film when he almost cut his leg off with his own chainsaw!

I just had to have him, unfortunately he never was released to my knowledge so his presence on my toy shelf wasn't to be.

Some time later I saw a new release from Living Dead Dolls who was definitely based on my dream doll, although not exactly the same.

This time it was a female doll, with a weird name with conjures up images of both Leatherface and Betty Boop, a very strange combination, which oddly works really well.


She has the wild black hair of Betty Boop, but also of The Original Leatherface, is wearing a cool leather apron just like he wore in the butchering scenes of the original film, covered in blood as it should be and a bloody shirt. 


Being a girl, she's wearing a long dress instead of trousers, but she does have some awesome big boots to go with it!


Her face isn't so great in my opinion, they did a better job on The Kiss of Death and Death versions of their Living Dead Dolls...


That said, the next step was to find that awesome mask of hers so I could display her in all her glory. 

I found it at the back of the cardboard inner, and had to try it on her straight away.


It's quite flimsy feeling and is textured on the front as a lot of photo's I've seen of her online seem to indicate and I have to say she looks so much better when wearing it!


Wearing her mask she looks much more like Leatherface in his "Pretty Woman" mask, especially with her leather apron on.


When I read her Death Certificate, I noticed something odd about it... The Death year is listed as 1926 but the Listing for her in The Living Dead Doll Archives shows it as being 1918...

Personally, I think I would have gone for 1974 to tie in with the release of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but what do I know? 

 They must have had a reason for both of these dates, although what they are I have no idea or why they put a different one on the Death Certificate.

I also love the fact that the poem listed on it is another reference to good old Leatherface and his family!



Follow

No comments: