Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Thursday 11 April 2019

Azone Kikipop Kinoko Juice Clone Doll.

dollyinsider

I fell in love with Kiki Kinoko Juice dolls when I spotted them a few years back, however they were Azone exclusives and not available outside Japan.

The following year Azone released more of these dolls in different styles, all of them were made of resin, standing at 12 inches tall

A few months ago a saw one for sale for cheaps, not a real one but from the photographs she looked very close and as she was a fraction of the cost, I snapped her up...


I expected her to come in a box but when she arrived she was in a cellophane bag, like some of those cheap outfits you can buy for dolls, it didn't have anything written on the top of the packet, not even a Country of origin.

 So I checked her body for maker's marks, but sadly she didn't have any of those either so I have no idea who made her.


She stands at 12 inches tall and is made of hard plastic, not resin like the real dolls are, but she is jointed in the same way as a Kikipop.

She can stand by herself due to her large feet and is very posable. 


She holds the poses really well and her joints are not too tight or too loose so she is very easy to manipulate into poses.

Her torso and head are held together with screws so I decided to see how easy it was to open her head and change her eyes for glass ones.


I really didn't expect what I found inside her head... Her eyes had a flesh coloured piece of plastic over them which was hiding a small strip of paper in which her eye details are printed.

This sits against a half dome clear cabochon type piece of plastic which fits perfectly inside her eye sockets.

I could have removed all of it and replaced the eyes, but I would have had to use putty to hold them in place as the cover wouldn't be able to fit back inside afterwards.


I decided I'd leave them for now and maybe change them another time if I decide she'd look better with something else.


 Due to her being 1/6 scale she is able to wear many of the cute outfits available for this size doll, as long as they had loose legs and sleeves as these dolls have very big hands and feet in comparison to the rest of their bodies.


I made her a wig from some Argyle Sheep fleece which I think really suits her it makes a nice contrast to her eye colour and put together a little outfit for her which I think she looks great in!

I did tweak her factory paint a little I removed the red from inside her mouth and changed it to a more relistic shade, I also gave her lips a more flesh like tone and gave them some moisture as well as painting the eyeliner she had to extend on each side rather than the half black paint she originally had.

I'm really happy with her, I think she's a cute, quirky little lady but she's really whetted my appetite for a resin Kikipop, so I'll most likely be getting one as soon as I can to go with her!

Hugs,








Follow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just bought one of these clones and I wanted to ask if you know what is the size of the clear plastic eye dome that sits on top of the printed paper eyes,is it 16mm? That's the eye size on originals as far as I know, but clones can be a bit different than the dolls they are copies of.
I'm looking for that info as I really want to make some custom eyes for mine before she arrives here, so I can Change them instantly when she gets here.

Thank you in advance!