Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Tuesday 9 April 2019

🗝️ Coraline - Poseable Replica Dolls by Neca 🗝️

In 2008 Neca released a line of Coraline bendy dolls as a tie in with the movie of the same name. I was lucky to find one for sale the same year, so I snapped her up!


She came without her box but with her original outfit and a stand to help with posing. 

The doll is a replica of the figures they used during the making of the film, each of them are fully posable and stand 7 inches tall.

 Her body is plastic over a wire armature and has a removable face to allow you to move her eyes for more realistic posing she also has hands that turn at the wrists.


Her outfit is an exact replica of one she wore during some of the scenes of the film, it is made of fabric and is most likely removable but I haven't attempted to do so yet.


Her hands turn at the wrist, but not the fingers they are moulded in pose. She came with a stand which had a flat base and waist holder to help her remain in position once posed.

Since finding her I have been trying to get the other dolls that were released as part of the line, in various outfits and different facial expressions.

tenor.com
My other Neca posable replica Coraline is the version wearing a raincoat and wellington boots which were re-released in 2017.

As far as differences between the original line from 2008 and these "replicas of replicas" released some 9 years later there really isn't any differences that I can see. 

They both have the same weight and body construction and to be honest if I didn't know they weren't both from the same line and produced at the same time, I'd never have guessed!


While I never got to inspect the original "Raincoat Coraline" this new version looks identical to the ones I saw for sale at the time I bought my "Sweater & Jeans Coraline".

She still comes with her own stand but it is a very different kind to the ones the original dolls came with.

The stand that my "Raincoat" Coraline came with is flat and has 2 small pegs to slot into holes on the bottom of the doll's boots and so allow sturdiness while posing.


"Raincoat" Coraline has a different facial expression from "Sweater & Jeans" Coraline, but so did the "Pyjamas" and "Star Spangled Jumper" versions too.

Her face is also removable in the same way as the original doll's is and again this allows access to the eyes to allow them to be posed.


The back of her box shows the new versions of the doll I already own and the "Pyjama" versions as well as the "Raincoat" version herself.

 I hope this means they will soon be releasing the other versions for sale and also the "Star Spangled Jumper" version, which is one I would dearly love to own in either original or new line versions.

That's me done for now...
Take care,



Follow

No comments: