Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Tuesday 9 April 2019

🎈 Living Dead Dolls Presents: IT Pennywise (1990) 🎈

Google 


Anyone that knows me knows I have a deep rooted fear of clowns, they also know that I have always loved Pennywise - that demented clown monster created from the mind of Stephan King for his novel IT!

So it probably goes without saying if you read my blog, when I found out that Living Dead Dolls had immortalised him as played by Tim Curry, there was no way I wasn't going to fall in love with him and have to add him to my collection.

Screen Rant
Yeah, I know it's weird, but for some reason it's the evil clowns that I can bear, perhaps because they are not hiding their true selves behind their makeup, I dunno, I just know that in terms of IT or Pennywise The Dancing Clown, he's always seemed to me to be a quirky little weirdo and of course it doesn't hurt that in the 1990 Mini- Series, TV Adaptation of the novel, he was played by Tim Curry - one of my favourite actors! 

The promotional photographs they used made my need to own him even worse... his little face looking out of a storm grate, as he did in the novel and mini-series when he "made friends" with little Georgie Denbrourgh, right before chomping down on his arm!

In keeping with that scene the Living Dead Doll version has been moulded with his mouth wide open and his Huge pointy teeth exposed ready to chow down on some fresh frightened child meat!


The front of the box is designed to resemble the cover of the Mini Series dvd, which shows Pennywise having ripped through the paper and looking out above it from the right hand top corner, this is also the same image I used as a header at the top of this post.


 The back has the image from the promotional shot above with a really cute close up of Pennywise exposing his teeth just before he attacks in the top right corner, which is shown in the photograph below.


He comes with a little red balloon and has a whole in his right hand which enables him to hold onto it for posing.

 The red balloon is significant as it is often shown during the mini series to let the characters and audience know that Pennywise is nearby and so build up the tension.


His outfit is identical to the one worn by Tim Curry in his portrayal of Pennywise in the miniseries, which is much closer to the description in the novel than the one worn by Bill SkarsgΓ₯rd in the 2017 film.

real nobody

The "make up" his been given is also spot on, the only thing I would have loved would for him to have mini leds in the centre of his eyes with a little switch to enable me to turn on and off his "Deadlights" ... in fact I might actually do this to him if I can get small enough leds and work out how to do it without damaging his factory paint in the process. 


I absolutely love this little guy, he's just perfect, and definitely one of the coolest Living Dead Dolls out there... I'm so glad I managed to get him and add him to my collection, he fits nicely between my Living Dead Doll collection and my Horror and Music Action Figures.


Well that's all for now, I'm planning to a review of my 2017 film Pennywise Action Figure when he arrives so stay tuned for more IT!

Hugs,







     Follow


No comments: