Privacy PolicyCookie PolicyTerms and Conditions

Thursday 22 February 2018

🍒 Cherry Merry Muffin Dolls by Mattel 🍒

There were five dolls produced in 1988 and as their names suggest they were muffin themed. 

They also had an individual scent to their hair which corresponded to their names, in the same way that Strawberry Shortcake Dolls did.

 They each came with a themed pet / friend called "Flavour Friends", a tray of muffins and a muffin shaped hair comb.

Dolls belonging to John Gemmel (Dolls More Dolls, Multiply)


The dolls in the image above belong to a fellow collector and friend of mine, John Gemmel, from the doll group I belong to. 
When he posted the photograph and having never seen these dolls before I was so intrigued by them that I decided to see what I could find out about them, this post constitutes my findings, sadly this post has been waiting in my draft folder for completion for several years now and as I didn't make note here of my sources, I'm unsure where I found my information and photographs; so if they belong to you, please let me know so I can accredit you...
The one on the left is Banancy with her friend / pet called Bitty Banana on the right is Chocolottie with her friend / pet called Chocolate Drop, they are part of the first wave range of these dolls.

When these dolls were originally sold in the 1980's the muffins were also scented.

The original "First Wave" range of  Cherry Merry Muffin dolls.

The image above shows all the dolls in the range,from left to right, they are:
Betty Berry with Flavour Friend Li'l Dip
Cherry Merry Muffin with Flavour Friend Cherry Sweet
Chocolottie with Flavour Friend Chocolate Drop
Banancy with Flavour Friend Bitty Banana
Apple Amy with Flavour Friend Apple Buddy

The dolls stood 6.5 inches high and had the regulation "big hair" of the 80's  which was either curly or wavy, depending on the doll.

They wore dresses with aprons covering them and had little painted-on shoes. They each came with a "Flavour Friend", a Tray of  6 Muffins in a baking tray and a Comb.

The dolls accessories matched the smell according to the doll's name and the colour of her outfit.



Follow

No comments: